“Do you want the Lord to give you many graces? Visit Him often. Do you want Him to give you few graces? Visit Him rarely. Do you want the devil to attack you? Visit Jesus rarely in the Blessed Sacrament. Do you want him to flee from you? Visit Jesus often!” St. John Bosco
Office Manager for St John Bosco Parish – Full time Position
We are seeking a full time Office Manager to assist the parish and the clergy. This position serves also as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering phone calls, responding to emails, facilitating communication between parishioners and clergy, and performing administrative duties as a member of the office team. Other helpful skills needed for this position are:
- Multi-tasking is a must!
- Ability to maintain discretion with personal and financial information.
- Strong communication etiquette, both verbal and written (bilingual preferred but not required)
- Maintain communication electronically as well as updating bulletin boards with parish and diocesan events.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with general office equipment – multiple software programs, such as Microsoft tools: outlook, word, excel; parish/diocesan databases; online calendar for parish and priest; website; MailChimp & Facebook, Church Bell system.
- Data entry, copying, record keeping, editing documentation, proofreading, information archiving and retrieval.
- Work with Administration Assistant on Diocesan Reports
- Work with parish staff and accountant as needed – ordering, invoices, etc.
- Maintain Volunteer Compliance list specifically with those involved in parish youth programs: Religious Ed, Youth Ministry, Theater productions.
- Prepare Mass needs for St John Bosco and Mission Church – assemble weekend announcements and prayers, order supplies, sacrament preparations (supplies, certificates)
- Attendance at parish events and weekend availability are occasionally required.
- Diocesan Background check and Finger Printing and Child Protection Training required.
Please send via email a letter of interest specifying which position is being applied for along with your resume to email@example.com
To see the Proposed Hanley Hall Renovation Plans, click the links below:
To assist the efforts in completing this project, please label all donations as “Renovation” in the memo line of your check or noted on your envelope. Specified envelopes for the “Building Fund” can be found in the church vestibule as well. Thank you for your support!
“We envy the shepherds who went to visit the grotto of Bethlehem to see Him, kissed His little hand, and offered Him their gifts. ‘Lucky shepherds!’ we exclaim. And yet there is no reason to envy them, for their fortune is ours, too. The same Jesus they visited in the grotto is in our tabernacle. The only difference is that the shepherds saw Him with the eyes of the body, whereas we see Him with the eyes of faith. Nothing will please Him more than our frequent visits to Him.” St. John Bosco
Our Lady of the Shenandoah
Join the St John Bosco Catholic Church Facebook Group.
If you are not already on the Parish email list and would like to be, please send your request with preferred email address to firstname.lastname@example.org