About St. John Bosco Parish
We are a Roman Catholic parish located in the Shenandoah Valley, Woodstock, Virginia, in the Diocese of Arlington. We were established in Woodstock in 1888 as St. John’s Church, to meet the needs of the Catholic Community in the Northern Shenandoah Valley. As years passed, the local membership was very small, but the students of the Massanutten Military Academy, tourists, vacationers, and members of the surrounding towns enlarged the congregation. On October 27, 1973, our present church, St. John Bosco Catholic Church, having been built close to the original St. John’s Church, was dedicated by Bishop Walter F. Sullivan. Today, we have a very active and enthusiastic laity involvement, which assures efficient pastoral operation and guarantees a place of friendliness and strong Christian involvement, togetherness, and worship. We welcome all to join us in worship and to stay a few minutes afterwards in Hanley Hall for our coffee and donut social and community fellowship.
Our Lady of the Shenandoah is a mission chapel that was dedicated in 1976 to help serve those in around the Bryce Mountain Resort and surrounding area.